it wasnt really laziness

So one thing that has often kept me from doing pretty much anything thats out of my comfort zone is exactly that: comfort! When you have all the luxury you need to live a comfortable life, why would you wanna change that? Why would you go out on an adventure like i'm doing right now? You must be out of your mind to let go of your home, your steady income, your partner, your job, your comfy warm sofa or bed, your clothes, your TV, your smartphone and so on. You need them! Right? Well guess again... You dont!

For years upon years i've been saying to my friends, my loved ones: i'm gonna do this, and that. And never got around to it. Always a new idea that replaced the previous. Always an excuse or good reason why that plan wouldnt work, but this one will! This time its going to be different! Hahaha, where have we heard that before, huh?! I couldnt break free from my comfort either, so my higher self orchestrated me losing my house, my welfare and some other things that kept me locked up. Or you could say that the universe replied to my request to get out of my self made prison. Or that fortune prevented me from change and my recent unfortunate situation helped me to finally break free: i had to!

For those new to this blog, a short summary of what happened this summer:
Well it actually started summer 2017 when i decided to buy a car (my first!) and because of that action, i was also bold enough to buy a ticket to the Bentinho retreat in Baarlo. There i came into contact with a group of followers who held weekly gatherings in Amsterdam. Hooked as i was, thinking i had found a new family, i went every week. After a few months the desire was expressed to not only do this weekly, but actually having this every day by living together with a group of these so called adepts. In November a possibility popped up, in March 2018 this became solid, in April we had our first sighting of the place and in June we moved in with around 20 people.

But since this was a temporary solution, as we could only stay there till December 2019 (we rented an evicted Monastery in Bussum with an anti-squatting contract) i hadnt let go of my old place yet (in Capelle). And then suddenly things took a turn for the worse. I had to let go of my old place, because i lost my welfare. And the very same day i cancelled all my contracts in Capelle, we were told we could no longer stay in the Monastery. So within one month, i had not only lost my home, my steady income, but also my newly found family, who are now scattered across the country. No more weekly meetings, no more daily potluck dinners and lunch, the bubble had burst, the illusion popped, gone. So here i am, living in my car (which i kinda wished for when i bought it). Staying with friends, family and people who i've never met before. Writing a book on Dynamic Living, living the book that i'm writing! Its amazing how compliant the universe is when you ask her for help, hahaha. I now live the life i've always wanted. Well, sort of, because this is not exactly what i hoped for. But its definitely waaay out of my comfort zone, definitely an adventure. But i'm convinced that this whole situation will actually lead me to where i wanted to be for a long time. Out of prison. Into the wild.

Here's a video that found me today, which inspired me to write this post: Breaking free from comfort





So its about breaking our habits, breaking free from comfort, seeing through the illusion of comfort. That place you are living in is not as comfortable as you think. You think you need all that stuff, all those Things, all that junk really. You were conditioned to believe that. By your parents, by society, by the media. Especially commercials are very good at making you believe you need their products. They have become really good at convincing you, manipulating you, in so many ways, ways youre probably not even aware of. Its the way of the world, or so it used to be. All throughout history humans have tried to break free. From slavery, from society, from The Law, from illusion. Adding the latest discovery: the illusion or prison of Mind. Well the latest according to modern science, 'cause in Eastern traditional philosophy its been well known for centuries. Among the yogi's, gurus and monks. The common people are just as brainwashed as everyone else.

In the years i've been taunting my 'mindfoolness' class, teaching my Lightbringers students and guiding the Mooncircle attendees, i came across so many people who wanted to break free from their reality. Whether they realized this or not, it is what i've been teaching them, showing them. They often came to these meetings to escape from reality, even if it was only for a short time, for the duration of the evening. Laying comfortably on a thin matras, guided into meditation through visualization, releasing the stress they accumulated during every day life. They went home totally relaxed, all freshened up, cleansed, only to return to their old reality, within days, or hours later. The moment they stepped into their comfortable car, house or bed. Old habits die hard. Especially when youre not aware of them.

My main dream have always been to create a new reality. One way is to set up my own community. Waking up those that want to wake up, by having them live the life, experience by example. And thats how the idea for this book arose. Researching alternative ways of living. Co-housing, eco-villages, tiny houses and what not. If you have suggestions, then by all means leave a comment or send me a message through messenger, facebook or whatsapp. Thanks for reading all the way to the end. Its been fun so far. The ups and downs of this adventure are what makes it worth while. Going through so much discomfort, releasing old programming, seeing trough the illusions, breaking habits, breaking free. Soon i might be able to say: "i am free". Not from the mind, not based on mere ideas, but from experience.

CONTINUE READING
Or back to Dutch...

Comments